This course is certified by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board.
This course meets state guidelines for the following mandated subject area:
- Lead Homicide Recertification (32 hrs. credit)
Successful prosecution of criminals often depends on key evidence collected at the scene of the crime. As advancements in the field of forensic science continue to reach new levels, so has the need for professional crime scene investigations. This comprehensive 5-day course will be conducted by the Dolan Consulting Group, based in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Course participants will learn today’s best scientific practices in the identification, collection, preservation, and documentation of evidence at crime scenes from some of the leading professionals in the field. A blend of classroom instruction and hands-on practical application will give participants the ability to confidently process a crime scene.
- Crime Scene Management
- Evidence Collection, Preservation, Documentation
- Crime Scene Photography
- Latent Print Processing and Recovery
- Recovering Biological and Trace Evidence
- Firearms Evidence Recovery and Processing
- Digital Evidence Recovery
- Best Practices for Chain of Custody
- Scene Diagramming and Notetaking
- Report Writing and Courtroom Testimony
- Major Forensic Laboratory Capabilities
- Mock Crime Scene Practical
Dolan Consulting Group
Please register for this course by March 6.