This course is pending certification by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board.
This seminar is designed for current Field Training and Evaluation Officers (FTO’s) who have experience using the San Jose Model FTO Program.
Upon completion of this seminar, each participant will be able to reapply the learned strategies for maximizing his/her effectiveness as a training officer. This seminar is tailored to meet the needs of each participant and the course objectives. Over 50% of the seminar involves practical learning opportunities such as small and large group discussions, small group and individual exercises, video scenarios, instrumentation, case studies, and self-assessments.
Students are encouraged to bring their own FTO materials and experiences for review and discussion.
- Training Activity Guidelines (TAG), Daily Observation Reports (DOR) and Standardized Evaluation Guidelines (SEG)
- Establishing a valid performance evaluation
- Objective use of the SEGs
- Employment separation process
- Providing honest and effective numerical and written documentation
- Adult learning principals
- Principals of behavior modification
- Creating and maintaining an effective learning environment
- Learning and retention of information
- Communication, feedback and coaching
- Remedial training strategies
Jeremy Hale, FTO
Urbana Police Dept.
Please register for this course by November 24.