This course is certified by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board.
This course meets state guidelines for the following mandated subject areas:
- Use of Force (annual)
- Civil Rights (every 3 yrs.)
- Constitutional & Proper Use of Authority (every 3 yrs.)
- Cultural Competency (every 3 yrs.)
- Procedural Justice (every 3 yrs.)
The Ultimate Training Officer is a two-day, officer safety based training program that will benefit FTOs, department trainers, and first line supervisors. The course identifies the essential characteristics and skills necessary for improving the performance of new police officers, with an emphasis on decision making under stress and officer safety. This program will enhance in-house training initiatives, as well as the agency’s field training and evaluation process, regardless of the FTO Model in place. Participants will leave with the tools to train essential skills that are frequently not taught in basic academy curricula. They will also learn a new way of providing feedback that breaks with traditional feedback models, but has been proven to increase human performance.
This course was designed from more than 50 empirical resources and collaboration with subject matter experts throughout North America. It is constantly evolving, incorporating current events and relevant supporting material that meet the professional needs of contemporary law enforcement. Video footage and numerous scenarios will be utilized for analysis and discussion.
- The Characteristics of a Successful Training Officer
- Modeling a Professional Image
- The Science of Human Performance
- Current Legal Trends
- Generational Training: Y and Millennials
- Techniques for Providing Effective Feedback
- Officer Safety Principles
- Characteristics of Armed Individuals
- De-Escalation Strategies
- Teaching Proper Vehicle Stop Tactics
- Teaching Criminal Interdiction
Jim Schlicher, Sergeant (Ret.)
Calibre PressRead more
Please register for this course by February 4.