This course is certified by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board.
This course meets state guidelines for the following mandated subject areas:
- Active Threat Response
- Crisis Intervention
- Use of Force – De-Escalation Techniques
- Use of Force – Officer Safety Techniques, including cover, concealment, and time
- Procedural Justice
This course is designed to equip Law Enforcement officers with the skills and techniques to respond and deal with an Active Threat situation.
This ILETSB certified course, created by ITOA, is designed to engage students through classroom instruction, dynamic movement walkthrough and force-on-force scenario-based training.
Students should bring SIMS mask/eye protection if they have them, duty belt and external vest if used. NO FIREARMS OR AMMUNITION ON SITE!
- History of active shooter events
- Mindset and planning of an active shooter
- Rapid deployment criteria
- Solo officer movement
- Multi-0fficer team movement
- Threshold assessing
- Room clearing
- Custody issues
- The Link Up
Sean Ater, Sgt. (Active Threat Master Instructor)
Please register for this course by April 13.