This course is certified by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board.
- Crisis Intervention (2hrs)
- Officer Wellness & Mental Health Awareness (6hrs)
This course has been designed for the purpose of addressing the issue of anger management as it specifically relates to police officers. It is designed to provide specialized techniques and know-how to officers as they navigate these most disquieting times.
- How anger works and its stages
- What causes anger in cops
- How anger effects the human body
- Common anger triggers for modern cops
- Stigma of mental health assistance
- Police reform laws: Unintended consequences
- Recovery from traumatic anger in police work
- Techniques as how to lower and manage anger
Gail Sullivan, MA
Chicago, ILRead more
Please register for this course by May 28.