This course is certified by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board.
This training is designed for law enforcement application and will be conducted at the ILEAS Training Center in Urbana, Illinois. The program will begin with cycles of fire and function checks. Students will then learn how to identify, disassemble, reassemble, inspect and upgrade the working parts of the AR-15, M-16 and M-4 systems. Inspection and review will include the upper and lower receiver assemblies. Instruction will cover semi-automatic, full-automatic and burst parts and functions, single-state and two-stage triggers, stock assemblies, rebarreling, and ballistic issues. Student weapons will be thoroughly broken down, gauged and inspected to make sure everything is in top working order. All necessary tools and manuals will be provided for classroom use.
Students are required to bring:
- Rifle to work on (problematic & malfunctioning rifles are welcome)
- Safety glasses (clear)
- Operational Basics and Safety Functions
- Upper and Lower Receivers
- Barrels, Handguards & Front / Rear Sights
- Flash Suppressors and Muzzle Breaks
- Bolt, Bolt Carriers, Chamber Issues
- Buffers and Recoil Springs
- Triggers, Hammers, Disconnectors / Springs
- Bolt Catch and Magazine Release
- Stocks, Magazines, Slings and Optics
- Weapon Malfunctions and Corrections
Greg “Sully” Sullivan
Defensive Edge Training and Consulting, Inc.Read more
Please register for this course by April 8.