This course is certified by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board.
This course meets state guidelines for the following mandated subject areas:
- Civil Rights
- Constitutional & Proper Use of Authority
- Procedural Justice
- Lead Homicide Recertification (8 hrs. credit)
This course is designed to prepare investigators, uniformed patrol, supervisors, and task force members to become more effective interviewers and consistently successful in getting difficult confessions. Students will learn to easily separate the interview and interrogation process into three easy steps. Each crucial step provides simple and straightforward techniques that are fast and effective in any venue or circumstance. Though developed with the patrol officer in mind, this training will assist personnel in other units gain critical information and act on that information in a unified fashion. In one day, attendees will learn easy-to-understand methods that have been used and perfected on hard-core criminals for over twenty years. Students will build self-confidence, learn what works, and become more effective interviewers as they quickly return to the street.
This project is supported by funds from the Department of Homeland Security, Federal Fiscal Year 2022 Homeland Security Grant Program, CFDA #97.067.
- Prior Intelligence Preparation
- Efficient Time Management
- Knowing the Suspect
- Establishing Immediate Rapport
- Physical and Verbal Indicators
- Choosing the Right Interview Technique
- Utilizing Personal Strengths
- Homicide Considerations and Legal Aspects
- Communicating with Command and Lateral Resources
- Managing the Media
Domenic Cappelluti, Detective
Waukegan Police Dept.Read more
Please register for this course by October 4.