This course is pending certification by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board.
Communities across America are in a crisis that is having a grave impact on public safety and increased victimization. Among children and teens alone, thousands of incidents of gun violence occur each year. This epidemic of youth gun violence is impacting communities and leaving experts searching for ways to reduce the increasing trend across the U.S.
This comprehensive, results driven course will go beyond the cause-and-effect to explore proven solutions based on practical application and evidence. We will introduce you to effective and proven strategic planning models, which have been successful in gun violence reduction in communities across the U.S. At the end of the training, you will have a model strategic plan to establish in your communities.
- National model for youth gun safety prevention
- Early intervention of youth violence patterns
- Effective strategies for enforcement of youth weapons possession
- Developing proven community-based strategic plans to reduce violence
- Building effective re-entry programs for youth offenders
- Strategies for preventing weapons in schools
Bobby Kipper, Instructor
Institute of Police Technology and Management (IPTM)Read more
Please register for this course by January 3.