This course is certified by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board.
This course meets state guidelines for the following mandated subject areas:
- Law Update (annual)
- Procedural Justice (every 3 yrs.)
The “Heroin epidemic” is, in fact, a designer drug tsunami. New research shows that most narcotic drug deaths are the result of a wave of designer synthetic drug analogs manufactured in China and Mexico, which are more potent than Heroin. Accidental overdose deaths have surged to new heights. In addition to synthetic narcotics such as U-47700, over 150 designer synthetic cannabinoid activating drugs, jointly referred to as “Spice” on the street, have swept the nation causing thousands of deaths and hospitalizations. In fact, every abused plant-based drug now has multiple designer synthetic replacements that are undetectable on standard urine drug tests and are difficult to criminally control.
This 1-day program will provide students with up-to-date information on the newest designer synthetic drugs of abuse, as well as changes in drug trends involving classic drugs of abuse. Instruction will also include changes to the Illinois medical marijuana law, marijuana decriminalization, and other legal updates.
This training will benefit detectives, patrol officers, school resource officers, narcotics investigators, coroners, and probation officers.
- Central Illinois update on Heroin
- Recommendations on safe handling of Fentanyl analogs
- Counterfeit drug trend: “Xanie-Tarts”
- “Fu-Fen” and the latest Fentanyl analogs
- 5F-ADB and the latest “Spice” synthetic cannabinoid
- “Blue Aqua” alpha-PVP and 4-MEC stimulant drugs
- “N-Bomb” hallucinogenic 2, 5-dash analogs
- New Illinois Cocaine surge data
- “Gaba” the new Rx drug of abuse
- Update on Medical Marijuana and decriminalization.
Sgt. Bruce Talbot, (Ret.)
Woodridge IL Police Dept.Read more
Please register for this course by April 24.