This course is certified by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board.
This course meets state guidelines for the following mandated subject areas:
- Law Update (annual)
- Civil Rights (every 3 yrs.)
- Constitutional & Proper Use of Authority (every 3 yrs.)
The “Cannabis Regulation and Tax Act” as described in “Amendment to HB 1438” was signed into law by Governor Pritzker on June 25, 2019. This legislation permits the cultivation, selling, and the adult use of cannabis, beginning January 1, 2020. The implementation of this legislation will have a tremendous effect on all aspects of law enforcement. The most profound impact will be on traffic safety. Illinois officers need to be trained to understand the legislation and to take appropriate action when required. At the end of this course, participants will have a better understanding of the new cannabis laws as they relate to their duties as police officers, as well as the knowledge to observe, identify and articulate cannabis usage.
- Business organizations that may cultivate and sell cannabis
- Entities associated with transporting, testing, and education
- State agencies associated with regulating the cannabis industry
- Laws governing medical cannabis and the adult user
- Possession limits for Illinois residents and non-residents
- Who is banned from the medical program?
- The Opioid Alternative Pilot Program
- Medical Cannabis Provisional Patients
- Scientific research related to driving and cannabis usage
- Signs and symptoms associated with cannabis usage
- Standardized Field Sobriety Tests and eye checks
- Non-Standardized Field Sobriety Tests
- Research regarding the effectiveness of field tests
- The two Implied Consent provisions associated with the legislation
- How to conduct chemical tests
Drug Recognition ExpertRead more