This course is certified by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board.
- Civil Rights (1hr)
- Constitutional Use of Law Enforcement Authority (1hr)
- Procedural Justice (6.5hrs)
- Lead Homicide Investigator (16hrs)
Smart phones and mobile applications have undoubtedly changed nearly every aspect of how we operate in our day to day lives. Law Enforcement is no different. Criminals now use social media, peer-to-peer payment platforms and numerous other mobile applications to commit various crimes. Simply put, if you’re not up to date with current trends, you’re going to be left behind.
The Gangs, Narcotics and Street Crimes in a New Era course teaches officers how to turn the tables on criminals. It will educate those who attend to use mobile applications in conjunction with law enforcement tools, to build strong, effective cases from a patrol level through major investigations. This course provides live update investigative examples. Class material has been reviewed and approved with prosecution prior to being presented in class.
This is a hands-on training and officers are encouraged to bring a cellphone, tablet, or computer.
- Case Foundation and Courtroom Preparation
- Investigative Tools
- Undercover Use of Social Media and Investigative Techniques
- Peer to Peer Payment applications
- Cellphone Downloads/Searches
- Arrest Techniques
- Report Writing and Affidavits
- Advanced Searching Techniques
Benjamin Sullivan, Detective
Salt Lake County Gang Task ForceRead more
Please register for this course by March 4.