This course is certified by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board.
- Civil Rights (8.5hrs)
- Constitutional Use of Law Enforcement Authority (7.5hrs)
- Legal Updates (.5hr)
- Procedural Justice (3hrs)
- Lead Homicide Investigator (24hrs)
The focus of this 3 day seminar is to provide law enforcement personnel with specialized interview and interrogation training that will significantly help develop the knowledge and skill level needed to effectively and professionally conduct interviews and interrogations with today’s most experienced criminals.
Each specific module has been designed for every participant to focus on self-evaluation and address their own strong and weak points as they prepare to become professional interviewers in today’s demanding times.
Each participant will receive Dom’s textbook, “The Crime Book” and a custom outline book.
- Participants will learn today’s legal aspects and trending policies concerning custodial interviews
- Learn how to avoid false confessions or the perception of unethical practices
- Understand successful approaches to conducting the more difficult interview and interrogations of today
- Learn different ways to professionally and successfully provide Miranda to gain compliance
- Understanding the power of the interviewer’s own personality and how to use it
- Successful preparation before every interview
- Learn how to conduct the professional interview and then the interrogation if needed
- Learn how to protect the truth and secure the confession
Domenic Cappelluti, Detective
Waukegan Police Dept.Read more
Please register for this course by February 6.