This course is pending certification by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board.
Training Mandate Hours are pending certification by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board.
This course covers the entire Illinois Vehicle Code and the Illinois Supreme Court Rules concerning bonding procedures. If you are an officer with patrol duties, returning to patrol form another assignment, part-time, or just need a refresher – this course is for you. In this course special attention will be given to the strict construction of the wording of traffic laws, procedures for charging an traffic offense, the major differences in enforcing violations of state laws and city ordinances, the application of Miranda warnings to traffic cases, frequent problems encountered in traffic enforcement, and clearing up common bonding misconceptions and errors.
- Comprehensive IVC review and update
- Traffic law is “mala prohibita”
- The element of intent is not part of a traffic offense
- Strict construction of the wording of traffic laws
- Procedures for charging a traffic offense
- Application of Miranda warning to traffic cases
- Requirements for registering vehicles
- Licensing drivers
- Rules of the road
- Required vehicle equipment
- Frequent problems encountered in traffic enforcement
- Court case preparation
- Common bonding misconceptions and errors
Jason Dickey, Captain
Illinois State Police District 7Read more
Please register for this course by February 24.