This course is pending certification by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board.
In response to the growing need for emotional and spiritual care to law enforcement officers, the Billy Graham Rapid Response Team (BG-RRT) has developed the Law Enforcement Chaplain Training Program (LECTP), taught by former law enforcement officers. This course is open to active duty and retired law enforcement officers, chaplains, pastors, and anyone interested in serving law enforcement.
- Define law enforcement ministry and explain why it is necessary.
- Identify and explain the Biblical foundations of law enforcement ministry.
- Understand the history of law enforcement.
- Explain the unique challenges faced by law enforcement officers, including the physical, mental, social, and spiritual challenges.
- List common law enforcement personality traits and explain how they affect ministry.
- Discuss issues that law enforcement officers face:
- Grief-defining and discussing impacts
- Suicide, including risk factors, warning signs, and intervention strategies
- Substance abuse and the role that pain plays in it
- Explain God’s plan on how to handle pain in our lives.
- Discuss the ways that law enforcement families are impacted.
- Describe the practical aspects of ministry to law enforcement officers.
- Identify your role as police chaplain in various specific ministry situations.
- Discuss compassion fatigue and vicarious traumatization.
- List the ways chaplains can care for themselves and avoid burnout.
Billy Graham Rapid Response Team (BG-RRT)
Please register for this course by May 6.