This course is certified by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board.
This course meets state guidelines for the following mandated subject area:
- Procedural Justice (every 3 yrs.)
Strong leadership not only moves people forward, but makes them more resilient and better able to withstand and recover from the trauma and trials of service. This course, with practical exercises, will teach the core principles of resilient leadership needed of every leader – from new recruit to chief. Leadership is not a rank, it is the ability to take people somewhere. We break down this ability into The Character of Leadership, The Vision of Leadership, and The Accountability of Leadership. Organizations that are built on a foundation of leadership have better esprit de corps, higher performance, clearer goals and communication, and are more resilient to the challenges in an increasingly dynamic world. Students will learn from real life examples, practical application, and lessons from historically great leaders and teachers.
- Leadership skills that translate department wide
- Tools for clearer communication and instructions
- Inspiring courage and moral authority
- Creating and charting a leadership vision
- Creating and leading a culture of accountability
- Proven leadership skills for impacting resiliency & suicide prevention
- Building a resilient organizational structure and actionable planning
- Leading with humility that inspires others to continually improve
- Being the spark of initiative & creative problem solving for those you lead
- Understanding and utilizing timeless leadership principles
Public Agency Training Council Read more