This course is certified by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board.
This course meets state guidelines for the following mandated subject area:
- Procedural Justice (every 3 yrs.)
The belief that officers must have rank to be considered leaders is a myth that has hindered the law enforcement profession for too long. Traditional leadership programs have focused on those who have already been promoted, but what about those who have not? Some of the most effective leaders do not have brass on their collars or stripes on their sleeves. Leading Without Rank was designed to inspire officers to seek out leadership opportunities and provide the skills and motivation to influence behaviors of those around them and influence the culture of their organization.
- The differences between Authority vs. Influence
- Inward Mindset vs. Outward Mindset
- Planning for personal and professional development
- How intentional effort leads to leadership success
- Leading yourself and taking ownership of your actions
- The art or Unconditional Respect
Dennis Valone, Vice President
Command Presence, LLCRead more