This course will help trainees develop a strategic plan to address criminal organizations (street gangs) and stop the criminal takeover of their communities. The training is designed for uniformed patrol officers, detectives, gang officers, and supervisors.
From first time offenders to career criminals, the mentality of those heavily involved in today’s most serious crimes and catastrophic events is rapidly changing. How law enforcement successfully penetrates the various levels of a criminal organization to help prevent what they have planned tomorrow has a great deal to do with gathering real-time intelligence through various means.
Today, local, state and federal law enforcement agencies are tasked with combating the most dangerous criminals in the U.S. Therefore, the ability of police agencies to have a comprehensive plan to address these organizations will allow law enforcement to be more successful in other operations. When dealing with highly devoted and immersed criminals, law enforcement professionals trained in properly addressing these criminal organizations are more effective in safely gathering crucial intelligence.
- Street gang history and culture
- Recognizing gang signs and symbols
- Decoding today’s gang graffiti
- Understanding hybrid gangs
- Why street gangs target and land in your community
- The correlation between street banging and social media
- Developing tools and strategies to dismantle gangs
- Recognizing gang affiliation
- Establishing the proper mind-set and approach
- Understanding courtroom preparation
Jon Oliver, Lieutenant
Waukegan Police Dept.Read more
Please register for this course by April 18.