This course is certified by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board.
This course meets state guidelines for the following mandated subject areas:
- Officer Wellness (3 year)
- Procedural Justice (3 year)
This class will provide fact-based information and debunk the numerous nutrition, health and wellness “fads” that exist. It will empower attendees with science-based information to make positive changes to their nutrition, fitness, and overall health. Attendees will leave this training session with the knowledge and resources to have better informed conversations with their personal physicians and ultimately become the best advocates for their own health optimization.
This course is designed for administrators/supervisors as well as line staff. This program is interactive and will take a commonsense approach to explaining the subject of health, wellness, and fitness. The training will cover in detail – not vague suggestive terms – how to build a successful wellness/fitness program for individuals as well as organizations.
The fitness programming portion of the class is appropriate for beginners as well as experienced practitioners. The topics covered include fitness best practices, workout programming, breathing exercises and how to begin a safe, effective workout routine immediately.
- Insulin Resistance, Inflammation, Heart Health, Disease Prevention and how they are related.
- Guidance to help attendees understand their own blood work and how it relates to overall health.
- Employee Wellness Program development with a focus on Nutrition, Supplements, Fitness Training, Financial Planning and Mental Health Awareness.
- How to gauge success in wellness/fitness programs to include pre- and post-testing options and how to fund them.
- Nutrition instruction that will discuss in detail what to eat for reduction in bodily inflammation and health optimization. Personalized macro nutrient based nutritional protocols will be developed for everyone attending the session.
- How proper nutrition protocols directly relate to improved blood health markers, disease prevention, insulin response and reduction of bodily inflammation.
- The importance of adequate sleep, stress reduction, hydration and recovery.
Steve Petrilli, Assistant Chief
Normal Police Dept.Read more
Please register for this course by September 21.