This course is certified by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board.
This course meets state guidelines for the following mandated subject areas:
- Law Update (2hrs)
- Use of Force – Law concerning stops, searches and the use of force (2hrs)
- Use of Force – Officers safety techniques, including cover, concealment and time (2hrs)
- Civil Rights (2.5hrs)
- Constitutional & Proper Use of Authority (2.5hrs)
- Cultural Competency (2hrs)
This fast-paced course is intended for patrol officers and supervisors who want to become more effective in detecting and arresting criminals operating motor vehicles, including drug users, drug traffickers, fugitives and gang members. The training focuses on objective criteria for criminal interdiction and has been approved by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and the U. S. Department of Justice.
This project is supported by funds from the Department of Homeland Security, Homeland Security Grant Program, CFDA #97.067.
- Criminal Patrol Procedures
- Detecting Deception
- Officer Safety
- Arrest Tactics
- Current Patterns and Trends
- Concealment Areas
- Roadside Interviews
- Informant Development
- Terrorist Organizations
- International Driving Permits
- Resident Alien and SSN Documents
- Criminal Activity and Financing
Ed Delmore, Chief of Police
Gulf Shores (AL) Police Dept.Read more
Please register for this course by April 4.