This course is certified by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board.
- Emergency medical response training and certification (.5hr)
- De-escalation Techniques (7hrs) & (4hrs) scenario based credit
- Officer safety techniques, including cover, concealment, and time (5hrs) & (4hrs) scenario based credit
This course is intended for current Police Firearms Instructors to learn how to teach their officers the principles and proper operation of the Miniature Red Dot Systems (MRDS) for their duty pistols. Instructors will learn how to teach their officers to become familiar with the MRDS and how to zero it. Instructors will also be able to teach their officers how to find the dot upon presentation, how to track the dot under recoil, and how to address dot specific malfunctions.
The practical range training will be set up in a “coach/student” platform so each instructor will have multiple opportunities to teach their fellow instructors the course objectives. Instructors will learn the pros and cons of having the MRDS on duty weapons and the benefits of having department policies for the MRDS.
This class is very hands-on, and instructors will be expected to pass the written test and the practical test with a 90% minimum score.
- 800 rounds of factory ammunition
- Eye and Ear protection
- Full duty belt and proper holster to accommodate the MRDS
- Permanent marker
- Sight adjustment tool for your optic
- Duty Handgun with MRDS optic (Must be of a design that allows for co-witnessing with the mechanical “iron” sights of the handgun.)
- MRDS nomenclature
- Maintenance of MRDS system
- Find the dot / Track the dot
- Zeroing and holdover of MRDS
- MRDS malfunctions and fixes
DMEC Firearms Training, LLC
Please register for this course by November 15.