This course is certified by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board.
Agencies outside Mobile Team 12 will be charged the full tuition fee and must register directly with Remington Arms, Inc.
This 1-day course is designed for law enforcement application and will be conducted by Remington Arms, Inc. out of Madison, North Carolina. Participants with learn how to identify, disassemble, and reassemble the working parts of the Remington 700 Rifle under the guidance of an experienced gunsmith and law enforcement trainer. Minor repair procedures, routine maintenance, and safety issues will be addressed.
Note: The vendor will provide each student with a Remington 700 Rifle for classroom instruction.
Certificates of training will be presented to students who satisfy all testing and attendance requirements. The certificate from Remington Arms is valid for three (3) years.
- General Information on Parts and Factory Service
- Initial Inspection and Safety Concerns
- Repair Procedures and Adjustments
- Older Style vs. Newer Style Parts
- Rifle Maintenance and Cleaning Procedures
- Barrel Stampings and Serial Number Structure
- Hands-on Disassembly and Reassembly
- Evaluating and Troubleshooting Mechanical Problems
Remington Arms, Inc.
Law Enforcement Division