This course is certified by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board.
This course meets state guidelines for the following mandated subject areas:
- Use of Force – Officer Safety Techniques, including cover, concealment, and time
This course is designed for law enforcement application and will be conducted by Joint Force Enterprises out of Jacksonville, Florida. Joint Force Enterprises is one of the Authorized Armorer’s School Instructors recommended by Remington Arms, Inc. Participants with learn how to identify, disassemble, and reassemble the working parts of their Remington shotgun under the guidance of an experienced gunsmith and law enforcement trainer. Minor repair procedures, routine maintenance, and safety issues will be addressed.
Each student is required to bring a law enforcement Model 870 shotgun to class for hands-on instruction.
Certificates of training will be presented to students who satisfy all testing and attendance requirements. The certificate from Remington Arms is valid for three (3) years.
- General Information on Parts and Factory Service
- Initial Inspection and Safety Concerns
- Repair Procedures and Adjustments
- Older Style vs. Newer Style Parts
- Shotgun Maintenance and Cleaning Procedures
- Barrel Stampings and Serial Number Structure
- Hands-on Disassembly and Reassembly
- Evaluating and Troubleshooting Mechanical Problems
Joint Force Enterprises
Please register for this course by March 28.