This course is certified by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board.
This course meets state guidelines for the following mandated subject areas:
- Civil Rights
- Constitutional Use of Law Enforcement Authority
- Cultural Competency
- Human Rights
- Legal Updates
- Procedural Justice
- Psychology of Domestic Violence
- Sexual Assault Trauma Informed Response
- Lead Homicide Investigator
- Sexual Assault Investigator Training
This course meets mandated training requirements for all investigators who conduct sexual assault and abuse investigations as set forth in the Sexual Assault Incident Procedure Act (Public Act 99-0801).
Trauma Informed, Victim Centered Sexual Assault and Sexual Abuse training will provide new perspectives on understanding sex assault victims and will cover best practices for investigating sex crimes. Instruction will address trauma informed victim interviews, offender interrogations, social and digital media, medical forensic documentation, evidence storage, orders of protection, and other relevant topics. The course is specifically designed for investigators and will be conducted by law enforcement and legal practitioners who are certified to deliver the curriculum.
Prerequisite: Completion of Sexual Assault Trauma Informed Response (in the 1-day live format) is a prerequisite for attending this course.
- Investigator Interview of the Victim
- Offender Interview and Interrogation
- Social and Digital media
- Clearing Cases
- False Reporting
- Medical Forensic Documentation
- Sexual Assault Evidence Collection
- Evidence Storage and Future Testing
- Civil No Contact Orders
- Orders of Protection
- Sex Crimes and Relevant Illinois Law
Cordelia Coppleson, Assistant Attorney General
Office of the Illinois Attorney General
John Arizzi, Commander
Lockport Police Department
Please register for this course by April 5.