This course is certified by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board.
This course meets state guidelines for the following mandated subject areas:
- Civil Rights
- Constitutional Use of Law Enforcement Authority
- Legal Updates
- Procedural Justice
The SFST Refresher Training is for law enforcement officers at the Federal, State, county, and local level who have successfully completed the NHTSA/IACP-approved DWI Detection and Standardized Field Sobriety Testing Training Program. This course satisfies the Illinois Department of Transportation Sustained Traffic Enforcement Program (STEP) Grant requirement of having an SFST refresher every four years from the date of their last completed certified training.
The primary purpose the SFST Refresher Training Program is to improve the overall consistency of administration of the SFSTs by individual police officers.
- Horizontal Gaze Nystagmus, Walk and Turn, One Leg Stand
- Processing the DUI arrest
- Toxicology protocols
- DUI Report writing skills
- DUI forms including warning to motorist and law enforcement sworn report
- Common DUI Defense techniques/court testimony
Officer Larry Brooks, (DRE)
Decatur Police Dept.
Please register for this course by November 23.