This course is pending certification by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board.
The course will focus on the stress and trauma that impacts first responders and how stress can lead to the deterioration of the body and the impact on your mental health. The course will teach attendees how to manage their mental health, the benefits of annual physicals, exercise, and nutrition.
This course is designed for administrators, supervisors, officers, and civilian employees.
This course is sponsored and funded by the University of Illinois Police Department.
- Recognizing the signs of stress and trauma
- Recognizing the impact signs of stress and trauma
- Learn the serious impact of sustained high cortisol levels
- Develop strategies to manage traumatic events and stress
- Keys to recovering from traumatic events
- Know the available resources
- Avoid the self-medication trap
Vernon Herron, Director of Officer Safety and Wellness
Baltimore Police DepartmentRead more
Please register for this course by October 13.