This one-day course is designed to provide street supervisors with the tools necessary to effectively lead police officers and manage critical incidents. Tactical Leadership addresses the skills necessary to establish a cohesive and forward thinking team and ready them for success on the street. Video footage of actual critical incidents will be viewed, analyzed and discussed in order to develop a workable understanding of how to manage an event to a successful conclusion.
This course is constantly evolving, incorporating current events and relevant supporting material that meet the professional needs of contemporary law enforcement.
- Apply leadership skills to address common officer issues
- Communicate effectively within the team
- Identify the essential components necessary for supervisory success in the field
- The supervisor’s role in maintaining discipline and preventing police misconduct
- Decide and act effectively during critical incident
- Open discussion on pre-mortem strategies
- Apply policies, procedures, and tactical skills to resolve major police events
Jim Schlicher, Sergeant (Ret.)
Calibre PressRead more
Please register for this course by February 5.