This course will provide public safety professionals of all ranks, sworn and civilian, with practical time-tested leadership lessons learned from the arena. The program has been developed to prepare today’s leaders to confront the new reality of heightened transparency and unprecedented expectations.
As one of the nation’s most experienced police chiefs, Harry Dolan places a laser-like focus on specific leadership actions and traits that have led to success or failure when navigating challenging times. “We are not doomed to repeat history if we grow to understand that war stories may indeed be case studies. When combined with evidence-based research, these case studies and practical experience contain valuable leadership lessons.”
- Understanding the research on field leadership in public safety
- STOP guessing and start applying what we know works
- Developing a solid grasp of performance motivational theory
- Identifying what great leaders do when bad things happen
- Understanding commander’s intent, unity in command, and groupthink
- Building and maintaining professional ethics throughout the organization
- Establishing high expectations while “taking care of the troops”
Harry Dolan, Chief of Police (Ret.)
Raleigh, NC Police Dept.Read more
Please register for this course by November 12.