This course is certified by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board.
This course meets state guidelines for the following mandated subject areas:
- Cultural Competency (every 3 yrs.)
- Procedural Justice (every 3 yrs.)
Our nation’s police officers are facing stressors that can have a predictable and profoundly negative impact on their lives, careers and families. This 4-hour presentation will assist participants in gaining a distinctly different perspective on the unique and potentially problematic consequences of performing well within a law enforcement culture. Officers and their significant others will reflect upon the traumas and triumphs associated with modern law enforcement, and how these influence the pivotal balance between professional and personal relationships.
A theme of personal leadership will run throughout the program, as those attending will have many opportunities to reflect upon the universal journey of a vocation spent in law enforcement. Guiding principles will assist officers create a deeper, more meaningful career in policing while developing a harmonious and rewarding personal life.
Enrollment is open to law enforcement officers and their spouses or significant others. Officers in attendance will have their training documented.
The program will run from 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm, with pizza served at 5:30 – compliments of MTU 12.
- Knowledge as protective armor for the entire family
- What can we learn from Dorothy?
- The impact of rewarded cynicism
- Protecting your family from over exposure to the “real world”
- Stressors unique to the police officer’s family
- Removing classic frustrations encountered by all officers
- The caustic personal effects of performing well in law enforcement
- The dynamics of officer attitudes at work and at home
- Warning signs of distress and preventative methods to reduce it
- Mastering the misunderstood influence of police perspectives
- Why officers are at greater risk for alcohol abuse, divorce, and suicide
Kent Williams, Chief of Police (Ret.)
Breach Point ConsultingRead more