This course is certified by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board.
This course meets state guidelines for the following mandated subject areas:
- Constitutional & Proper Use of Authority
- Officer Wellness and Mental Health
- Use of Force – De-Escalation Techniques
- Use of Force – High Risk Traffic Stops
- Use of Force – Officer Safety Techniques, including cover, concealment, and time
Dave “J.D. Buck Savage” Smith first presented The Winning Mind(TM) in 1987. Since then it has evolved into one of the most remarkable training experiences that law enforcement personnel will ever attend. By looking at the key components of peak performance, including who wins and why, the roles that optimism, risk and bureaucracy play in our personal and professional lives, and how individuals and organizations can make themselves truly resilient, Dave presents an entertaining & inspiring program designed to help everyone, regardless of their experience, optimize their odds of winning any confrontation.
The Winning Mind is updated continuously and always customized for the audience when it is presented. In his unique, energetic style, Dave Smith and his wife Sgt. Betsy Smith will give men & women the mental edge they need to not only face threats on the street but also manage the stresses they may confront in their daily lives, both on and off duty.
- What makes someone a “winner?”
- Why “survival” is minimalistic and we must train to WIN!
- The true role of “Warrior Ethos” in the police profession
- Understanding the role beliefs play in winning
- What is true “optimism?”
- The “Truth About Gender Differences” in all aspects of your life
- What training really works and why
- The science of Crisis Decision Making
- The “Not Today” mindset, every day, on every shift
- Law Enforcement’s Role in Preserving a Free Society
- Preventing panic, the “archenemy of survival”
- Being truly resilient after a setback!
Dave SmithRead more
Betsy Brantner SmithRead more
Please register for this course by February 8.