This course is certified by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board.
- Crisis Intervention (.5hrs)
- Cultural Competency (1hr)
- Procedural Justice (4hrs)
- Officer & Youth Interaction (8hrs)
This course will present a review of the issues that cause an increase of high levels of violence within our society. This exploration will be presented in a manner that effects law enforcement. Law enforcement is regularly faced with violent adolescents on one hand and changing attitudes towards law enforcement on the other. The basic rights and responsibilities of adolescents are changing, as is their culpability.
- Discussion of macro and micro rationales for adolescent violence
- Review of the function violence has on the human brain
- Review the myths and facts regarding adolescent development
- Impact of prenatal drug exposure on violent behavior
- Changing morals, mores and norms in society
- Moral disengagement and mass violent behaviors
- Effects of functional and dysfunctional families
- Discussion of how ethnicity effects adolescent violence
Gail Sullivan, MA
Chicago, ILRead more
Please register for this course by May 29.