This course is certified by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board.
This course meets state guidelines for the following mandated subject areas:
- Use of Force (annual)
- Cultural Competency (every 3 yrs.)
- Procedural Justice (every 3 yrs.)
This one-day course is specifically designed to address the 24/7 realities of law enforcement from a woman’s perspective. The inspiring seminar focuses on gender advantages and disadvantages in the areas of use of force encounters, innate instincts, communication skills, physical fitness and training strategies.
This program is constantly evolving to incorporate the most current issues, events and supporting material for women looking to excel in their personal and professional lives.
- Honoring the Trailblazers
- The Importance of Effective Communication
- Use of Force Encounters
- Personal Well-Being and Healthy Relationships
- Battling Bias and Misperceptions
- Advancing to the Next Level
- Tactics, Training & Equipment for the Smaller Officer
- Physical Fitness (Mind, Body, Spirit)
- Being Authentic: Embracing Our Unique Strengths
- Mentoring and Leadership
- Perseverance, Persistence and Resilience
Cyndy Velazquez, Deputy Chief
Lombard Police Dept.Read more
Please register for this course by May 9.