This course is certified by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board.
This course meets state guidelines for the following mandated subject areas:
- Law Update (annual)
- Use of Force (annual)
- Civil Rights (every 3 yrs.)
- Constitutional & Proper Use of Authority (every 3 yrs.)
- Cultural Competency (every 3 yrs.)
- Procedural Justice (every 3 yrs.)
This fast-paced and visually dynamic program will be conducted by Lt. Jim Glennon and Lt. Kelly DeVoll. They will cover a wide variety of survival and risk management topics in order to impress upon attendees that personal safety and career survival is ultimately the responsibility of the individual officer.
The foundation of the program is understanding and training realistically for stress events. From driving too fast and using unwarranted amounts of force – to ineffective communication and the inability to decompress off duty – the seminar emphasizes the need to understand and manage stress as the key to professional and personal success.
Instruction will address current events as well as classic training points through video footage of contemporary police encounters. Veteran trainers will utilize the latest technology and scientific data regarding human performance, stress management, and use of force. The seminar is open to all levels of sworn law enforcement.
- Overview of Felonious Assaults
- The Unconscious Mind and Officer Safety
- Confrontational Dynamics
- Violent Encounters and Tactical Options
- De-Escalation for Safe and Successful Resolutions
- Traffic Related Deaths and Casualties
- Pursuit Issues and Consequences
- Street Interviews, Body Language, and Proxemics
- Pre-Attack Indicators
- Reading Deception
- Traffic Stops
- Criminal Patrol Strategies
- The Medical Dangers of Poor Health
- Emotional Survival
- Off-Duty Perspectives
Jim Glennon, Lieutenant (Ret.)
Calibre PressRead more
Kelly DeVoll, Lieutenant (Ret.)
Calibre Press Read more